Self Evaluation

From start to end of building my website showcasing my online portfolio, it is evident I have a strong sense of self regarding the way I visually communicate my professional identity. This is seen through the branding I implemented throughout my website - the colour palette and typography which I feel best reflects myself. I have made creative and intentional design choices and features, using it where appropriate to avoid confusion and distraction, for example the gradient overlay on the hover on / hover off when selecting one of my projects to view. My website is aesthetically pleasing to the right users (art directors, graphic designers, film makers etc), easily understood through its simple layout, cohesive in design (colours, typefaces, shape and layout are the consistent throughout my website), and follows the “less is more” design principle. This utilises negative space making it easy to navigate and view my work. The images of my work on my website speak for themselves and do not need embellishments; they communicate what they need to communicate in a simple portfolio layout, which is something I feel I have done well. My website in itself can also be seen as a piece of work in its own right, since I have coded and designed it from scratch. This makes it perfect for the artistic and design based field of work I desire to go into. My main improvement would be to enhance the user interfacing/experience on mobile devices, since many people will view it with this format. I would also add my cv as text within a div, rather than one whole jpeg, and on the 'contact me' page move the social media icons higher up so the users eyes are instantly met with them rather than potentially being lost at the bottom of the page. Overall, my attitude and self belief towards this project has increased to be more positive, and I have proved to myself that I have the ability to complete things that are highly skilled and complex.

Comments

Popular Posts