I've got it! I know what I want on my website.

My intuition is telling me to keep my instagram accounts separate, and to move towards my instagram account for design.

It seems like something has finally clicked; my aim is to become a successful graphic designer for my own business, and also to use these graphic design, and other visual artistic skills I have to work within the art department of set design. Whether it's for theatre, film, or TV, it makes me get goosebumps with excitement. I love the "backstage" vibe and seeing things come together. So, I will be creating an online portfolio of my work to showcase my creative skills and to communicate who I am and what I do.

I want my website to be seen by recruiters, art directors and other designers already within the industry. Compiling my body of work into one space makes for easy viewing, so that I can be more easily considered for a role within the art department. From studying within the arts for a few years now, I have an understanding of how portfolios should be produced and visually appear. This will help me to gain attraction from said people, and also know how to create a simple layout for my website.

Below are some images of my finalised mood board that I created on Adobe Photoshop, and my mock up web designs I created on Abode XD. I will also use these images in a Prezi presentation we will present on a Microsoft Teams call to the class in week 9, so I will write about that on my blog very soon. 

Anyways, as already stated, I have the pink to teal gradient which I use as a sort of "trademark" for myself. The use of this gradient will be great on features that need to stand out and direct the viewers eyes towards. For example a "send" button. I have kept the rest of the colour scheme simple, since I do not want it to be overcomplicated or distract away from images of my work. They are images in their own right and communicate exactly what they need to without other elements being added. White space/ negative space creates simplicity and will make the page easily scannable and legible. For main headings I have used the typeface "Commando". I love its modern feel, and the way it is in italics or slanted to the right visualises in graphic design that there is some sort of movement or pace; I want this to reflect an attitude of getting work done and being on the go. For the text body, I'll use 'Glacial Indifference', a sans serif easy on the eye font which is best for paragraphs of text. I may also use this for smaller headings.

-

Below is a visual mock up of how id like my website to be. This is a great plan to work from, whilst remaining open to new changes whilst learning about website design for the first time. 


Here is another example of using the pink to teal gradient as a design feature. When you hover over the image, it will have the gradient overlay and the name of the project. When you click on the image, it will take you to a photo gallery of that project which you can see below.










For the headings on these pages,  I have made sure to keep visual hierarchy in mind, with a larger and heavier weighted font at the top (Commando), and then a more simple and smaller font (Glacial Indifference) underneath giving more detail and complimenting the first larger title. 







Comments

Popular Posts