The Beginning

I have been interested in learning how to code a website from scratch for a few years now, but I had no idea where to start. When I was 16, my partner at the time coded one for me using the Squarespace hosting company to showcase my artwork, and I just couldn't get my head around how they did it. So, I am feeling really excited to be learning about it in this module, and the fact I can say: "I built this website from scratch by myself!" I think learning something so complex will be very rewarding once it is complete - although I do believe anything creative can be an ongoing journey which shifts and changes with time.

-

In our first lecture, we looked over what html and css are, and we transferred coding from an existing website into Adobe Dreamweaver to gain familiarity with what goes on "behind the scenes", rather than visuals of a website. This includes logos, page titles, images, motion graphics, gifs, and embedded videos. We looked at The Guardian as an example, but I then went to have a look at Earthling Ed's website because I absolutely love the layout of his web design, and also his professional branding image. It is so clean and minimal. I LOVE the attention to detail of the websites interfacing. When you zoom in on a desktop, the icons and text move accordingly to fit the dimension of the screen. It is also optimised to other shaped and sized devices such as tablets and mobile phones. On mobile, the header is a white bar across the top of the screen, since fitting all of the page titles would be too cluttered. I need to find out who the web designer is for Earthling Ed!








Comments

Popular Posts